Friday, December 18, 2009

I learned that peppermint oil is a rat deterrent but, I wonder if a peppermint plant would work?

Or is the plant not as fragrant...Also, what part peppermint oil to water should I spray to be effective?I learned that peppermint oil is a rat deterrent but, I wonder if a peppermint plant would work?
I'm not sure the plant would work...it's fragrance isn't as strong as the peppermint oil and it is the smell that the rats don't like. Instead of making an oil/water spray you could try just putting the peppermint oil on cotton balls and placing them were the rats are (around garbage cans or any openings into your home). The pepermint oil on the cotton balls would have the strongest smell and should keep the critters away. Good luck!I learned that peppermint oil is a rat deterrent but, I wonder if a peppermint plant would work?
Be careful where you plant any kind of mint. It's basically a weed and will take over any area it's planted in. But it does tend to deter bugs and critters.


The mixture ratio I can't help ya with.

No comments:

Post a Comment